Wednesday, May 15, 2013

I Created a Meal!

Today, I cooked. This is kind of a big deal for me. I enjoy cooking but I tend to throw it on the bottom of my priority list. We like to go to Subway for dinner and I call it a day.

Okay, I guess I didn't really cook since it was a crockpot meal and it didn't require me to really do anything other than throw a bunch of things into a bowl. However! I did have to deal with one of these:

A squash. My first thought being what in the hale do I do with this thing. I then proceeded to peel it. During the peeling procedure, I managed to peel off a full layer of my thumb skin. I'll spare you the graphic photographs and just skip on over to the end result.


Turkey with wild rice, squash and cranberry. Actually pretty delicious! And easy! I truly outdid myself. Maylene wouldn't eat it and Jason is working late so I ate it alone. But that's besides the point.

Also, tonight when I snuggled May before she went to bed (yes it is only 7:30 and she is already asleep.. it was a long day) she softly whispered in my ear, "Mommy, you big and strong."
The 'big' I could do without. But, strong? I can dig it.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeking help

It always takes a lot of back and forth in my head before I finally work up the courage to post these things. Because we say, "end the ...