Monday, August 4, 2014

My Anti-Bucket List

While everyone spends so much time accumulating their bucket list, I thought it was about high time I made a list of things that I have successfully not done and hope to never do. Because when all else fails, my failure to do certain things might just be the key to keeping what sanity I have left.

Things I plan not to do:
1. Make anyone feel bad about the way they look.
2. Read the Twilight series
3. Read the Harry Potter series (sorry fans, just can't do it.)
4. Go to a Justin Bieber concert
5. Go bungee jumping. I'm good on that.
6. Be a Red Sox fan
7. Watch an entire game of golf
8. Read What to Expect When You're Expecting
9. Fall down a flight of stairs
10. Butt in front of someone in a line
11. Drop out of college
12. Not dance at a wedding reception (double negative!)
13. Go to a Nickelback concert
14. Enjoy eating olives
15. Hurt people's feelings on purpose
16. Make anyone feel stupid
17. Buy a Windows computer
18. Not say "bless you" when someone sneezes
19. Pull out in front of someone with my car
20. Become an Olympic swimmer (that, we all know, is just not in the stars for me)

These turned out to be less deep than I had originally planned. But hey, I try. 

This is my last week of Chemistry and I am elated by the thought. Anyone who enjoys drawing Lewis Structures is no friend of mine. In other news, I remembered to take salmon out of the freezer to thaw this morning. I guess you could say I'm a go-getter. Normally I forget to thaw something and we end up eating hot dogs for every meal. Those moms out there with everything all together (for example, all of their brain cells), they are mythical, superhero creatures. I broke four crayons just walking to the bathroom this morning. When I think about the state of our apartment, I start to break out into hives. But like I said, I try and that's all that matters.

xo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you're seeking help

It always takes a lot of back and forth in my head before I finally work up the courage to post these things. Because we say, "end the ...